Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy 2011!!

Well hello there! I know it has been a while, but this has been a VERY busy couple of weeks - with New Years, Grandparents visiting and sending a husband off!

Plus, I have been doing some real "soul searching" when it comes to this blog. Don't get me wrong, I love it! And I think so far it has functioned pretty well when it comes to keeping our loved ones updated. But I feel like now that the new-ness of our moving here wears off, I should slowly morph this blog into something people could use, as well as keeping everyone updated with us! So over time you may see some new features such as local restaurant reviews, more recipes and whatever else comes up!

But! I will start that tomorrow (or the next day), for now, UPDATES!

Our first picture of the year!
Starting with a wonderful visit from my grandparents! They drove to Seattle from Del Mar (CA) over three days, then spent four days up here taking in the sights and visiting us family. Chad and I were able to meet them, along with my Aunt and her boyfriend, in Seattle the other evening for dinner. Then yesterday they took the ferry over to our little peninsula and visited our humble abode!! It was so nice having them here, hearing their input/encouragements on my hobbies, and listening to some great stories. It was a short visit, but a good one.

New Years Eve we had a great time! We invited ourselves over to a good friends house! It turned into a fun little get together, starting off with good food and a movie, followed by more friends showing up and bringing in the new year fireworks and champagne! It was super mellow, but in that perfectly awesome kind of way.

Then this morning.... oooohhhh this morning..... I had to drop Chad off at work, at 2:30.... and say goodbye for a whole 6 weeks... He was supposed to be going to 29 Palms for this six week Sgts Course, but that one filled up, so instead his higher-ups sent him to HAWAII!! That bugger is sitting in the warm 80 degree sunshine, during the WORST winter months, while I stay here and FREEZE! Literally - it was 32 for much of the day today... But oh well, thus is life, this is a really good opportunity for him.

As for this years resolutions: Chad decided that catching a Raccoon was his, I think it was a joke... most likely because he doesn't do things like make resolutions... but with Chad... you never know. Me on the other hand - mine is to like my dog a little more. I already love her, but man... she makes me not want kids....

I know, I know, how could you not love her!
Stay tuned - this should be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment