Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Welcome to Paradise!

Imagine this: You've been sardine stuffed in an airplane for three hours. Your back is cramped, your neck is stiff. Finally, they've opened that damned cabin door - the line is moving, slowly, ouch! damn arm rest, damn knee. Great, now cranky....  Why don't they hurry up, damn old lady. Don't pack so much next time. Goodness gracious this is freaking horrib................ Is that the sun? It's so warm! Its so clear! Are those palm fronds on the airport roof! No wait they ARE the roof! Coconut trees?! Awwww.... paradise.

That was exactly how it started - the week of awesome. I was literally rendered - well, if it were actually possible, I would've been rendered speechless. This! was the Dominican Republic? This picture of perfection, this paradise was the D.R.?! SWEET!

This vacation had been a long time in the making - and it all started with my mom and Jack not being able to go to Scotland. A short time after she broke this news to me, I suggested "Why don't all of us just take a vacation somewhere closer to home? Make it a family thing. Me, You, Chad, Jack, Lisa and Sharron! It'll be great!" She then found Costco Travel. We both picked the Dominican Republic. And waa-laa! We were all going to Punta Cana in November!

So, here we are again, you get to listen to me babble on about another wonderful vacation I've been on. Here are a couple teaser pictures:





paradise huh? Told ya!

1 comment:

  1. Looks gorgeous! At first, I thought the last photo was a whimsical shot of a plastic flamingo... then I realized that's a real freakin' flamingo! I'll bet the tropical vacations help you get through the dreary winter. Hmm... maybe I should give Austin a hint? :)

    ReplyDelete