Monday, May 13, 2013

No Squandering Today!

In my last post, I was griping about squandering my last day of freedom! Well, today, I took full advantage of my first real day off from work!

First, I woke up, made coffee, watched a little TV... you know the usual.

Then around 10am, I went and returned the stuff I've needed to return. Then, I went skirt shopping, which I failed miserably at. So, to sooth my soul, I hung out in BevMo for a while and decided to do everything in my power to like Gin & Tonic. I bought some premium tonic water and 4 different kinds of gin to try (tiny, little bottles, don't worry).


While the gin and tonic were cooling, I made some lunch, then strolled down to the beach. Moonlight Beach is exactly 1 mile from my house. Its amazing. Downtown Encinitas is right there. There are volleyball nets and nice white sand. Plus, today was a perfect beach day. Super warm, clear blue skies, light breeze. Perfect. Reading a book and listening to music while sprawled out on a towel next to the ocean... yeah... a little slice of heaven.


After peeling myself from the sand, I returned home and made myself a Gin & Tonic. Which, by the way - was pretty darn GOOD! Who knew?! I usually find myself hating gin (mostly because it tastes like pine tree) but a splash of it in combination with this premium Fever Tree Indian Tonic! - the drink sang of causal summer days.


While sipping my new found drink, I made use of some old tomatoes and started a new blog in the process (feel free to check it out here). This ended up taking MUCH longer than expected (as canning usually does).

So, now, I find myself sitting here, comfortable and happy. Feeling like the day was darn good and my butt now belongs square on my comfy couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment