Friday, August 20, 2010

Aw, to have a home... to remodel!

Finally, a blue wall.

If you know me at all you know that I have always wanted a blue wall in my home. That is how I've always gauged "my home." The theory is: I'd be able to paint a wall in my house blue, once its my house, once I know I have my home.

Its been years since my last blue wall - well not even a wall back then, but a couple closet doors. That's because it was at my mom's house, not mine, but at least it was my room.

Since then I've lived in apartments - 6 months to a year on a lease. I've moved 14 times in the last 8 years. Doing the math... I've averaged 6.86 months at each address. Don't get me wrong, many of them were longer-term than others... but none over a year and most around the average...

But then I met Chad - a member of the military - and sadly enough, finally home-front stability in sight. Since I've met him, I've lived in 3 places, 11 months in Vista, 9 months in Oceanside and now looking forward to a WONDERFUL 3 full years in Silverdale, WA. Now, I know things can change at any moment, but for now, I am going to relish in the possibility of being at the same address for 3 whole years. So much in fact, that Chad let me paint one of our walls blue - not so much BLUE as cornflower/slate mix, but as close as I wanted to get without a mortgage.

So here, finally I get to show off our hard work, our remodeling of sorts! Our blue wall, Chad's and mine, our home.

1 comment: