Thursday, August 12, 2010

Just call me the bag lady...

This morning is a good morning - I have finally decided to TRY and add to the household income... well at least a little bit. Well at least it makes me FEEL like I am! :)

One of my favorite hobbies is sewing. And one of my favorite projects has always been making this super fun, super useful bag! So, thanks to the recommendation of a few more than one of my friends, I have started my own little, tiny, web-store!

Check it out at: http://www.etsy.com/listing/53675042/twist-fabric-grocery-bag

Speaking of reusable grocery bags though - here are a few really weird things about my area of Washington that are completely contrary to what everyone believes:

1) There is no 'CRV' equivalent. Because of this, there are no recycling turn in centers... thus no real incentive to recycle...

2) There are no 'reusable bag incentives' at the grocery stores (like there are in the major chains in CA). Thus, almost no one uses reusable bags at stores...

3) There are no whole foods/henery's/trader joes like stores anywhere... none. Not one.

4) The local farmers markets are crazy, ridiculously, expensive and very few people go to them - there were maybe 10 other non-vendors at the last one I went to.

Some cool observations though - there are very few extremely overweight people here. People, despite the weather are always out and about. The amount of runners on the roads is unbelievable - there are almost traffic jams of them.

Just some things I've noticed. Some kind of weird, some kind of cool.

1 comment:

  1. Just thought you should know - I bring my lunch to work every day in my bag! AND it's the perfect size to use at the grocery store for produce that isn't sold by weight. It really cuts down on the amount of small plastic bags I use.

    ReplyDelete