Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Colors! Colors Everywhere!

It is fall. It was 49 degrees for most of the day. We had chili and corn bread for dinner. Halloween is just around the corner. But best of all - are trees are all but green.

This is new to me. In fact, its so new that I hardly noticed it at first - I wasn't looking for it. In fact, it took an email from my sister-in-law, Crystal, for me to wake up and take a look at the trees.

There they were - yellow, orange, red leaves! Leaves all over the ground - entire inches thick! Leaves snapping off and gently falling to the grass - leaving bare twigs for trees. Awesome.

Then just yesterday - the news confirmed it - the Kitsap Peninsula is in the peak of the "color" season. We've hit it earlier than most places.

These pictures were both taken
right in our neighborhood!

I'm ok with that. Because that just means I get to enjoy it now - while others have to wait.

I welcome fall, beautiful fall..... but I dread the winter that follows....

No comments:

Post a Comment