Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Day of Ups and Downs....

Ever have one of those days?

You know, one of those days that you know is going to eventually suck, but starts off wonderfully?

Anyway - here is how today started - awesomely:

I found the Clear Creek Task Force! And by found, I mean I attended their monthly meeting - which felt a little like intruding on a board meeting - but without the awkwardness.

CCTF is basically areally, ity-bity, teeny-weeny, version of the national forest association I was in while living in San Diego - which is AWESOME!

There is a creek that runs though the entire length of the city of Silverdale - and around this meandering creek is a trail - or a series of trails. These trails were almost all created by and are maintained by this group of volunteers! Its so wonderful - they are even letting my Atheist and Agnostic Group adopt a portion of it!!! (more about that to come after some details have been ironed out). There is even a program where baby salmon are raised in classrooms in the area, then the kids get to come out and release them into the creek!

After the meeting the day progressed rather nicely - lunch with a friend, nice walk with the hubby, then an awesome workout at the base gym. Oh! And Milli learned how to play fetch this evening! She can now exercise herself! All I have to do is throw the ball!



I know its sideways... Though she's special Milli can't defy the laws of physics...

Then.... the boring, cold, darkness hit...

Chad has duty tonight. Its freezing in our house and Chad is the only one who knows how to turn on the heater AND the fireplace. I made an awesome dinner reinventing most of the leftovers in the fridge, but Chad one-uped me by having the take-out pizza he never lets me get. Now Milli is freaking out because she has to pee, but there is a raccoon in the yard. Then my friend asked me to babysit his friends kids while he and her go bowling.... right... like I needed that cherry (I said no :).

All in all an amazing day, and a meh night. I'm not down or anything, just not exactly excited. This weekend however - is going to be awesome! Chad gets off early tomorrow, he has a surprise planned and we're going to the pumpkin patch!! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment