Wednesday, November 10, 2010

-JUMP- *Splash* .giggle.

Puddles!!! Puddles, puddles, everywhere!

And to deal with them - I got rain boots - bonafide galoshes!


So, other than stomping around in puddles, I got the boots for another reason - I have recently become involved with a local wetland restoration project (I'll explain it another day - once I know more about it). These pictures are of the boots' maiden voyage!


Notice you can't see my toes - boots, well justified.
 
These are the boots after 3 hours in the mud/puddles-
not bad.
This may not seem like a blog worthy topic - but believe you me, it is. Just think about it - I have never had a reason to buy a pair of rain boots! This is a part of the culture up here - I literally haven't met a single person up here who doesn't own a pair!

So cheers to assimilation of the local culture - and galoshes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment