Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Pre-Turkey Day Surprise!

Well hello there my long lost friends - I know, as far as a blog updater, I suck. But that is because I didn't want to bore you with post after post of "Life is uneventful" "ohhh, maybe tomorrow something will happen" "nope, sorry, nothing today." See how nice I am.

However! This past week has been TOTALLY different! In fact this past week has been the most AMAZING week of my life so far in Washington. Mind you I said amazing - as in I was occasionally amazed that Chad and I survived, while other times I thought I'd faint with happiness.

This post will be a multi-parter, so stay tuned.


Date: November 20th, 2010
Location: Snoqualmie Pass, on our way to Aunt Ellen's house

Aunt Ellen and I had talked at Robin's wedding about Chad and I going to visit the weekend before Thanksgiving. She happens to live in Kennewick, only 4 short hours away. Sweet! Mini-vacation!

Driving, driving, driving... awww crap.... there's snow.... but not too much. That's good. Makes for some pretty scenery.



Driving, driving, driving - We're here! Least I think we are... its been almost 10 years since I've been here. Oh well. Lets knock on the door.

HOLY GOODNESS! A.J. ANSWERED!! She came to visit us!! HOLY GOODNESS!! DAD'S HERE TOO!

Yup. How freaking awesome is that? Aunt Ellen set up the whole surprise! Not only are they here, planning to cook an amazing feast, but they are also going to follow us home, to our house, the next day! It was the first, best and most real surprise of my whole life. I've never felt so special before.

As I had hoped, the trip turned into the perfect mini vacation. We all went to a cute little craft bizarre, Dad made an amazing prime rib feast we all got to play a game. I got to meet my "new" cousin-in-law, and her little one. Then the next day have a great breakfast with the whole family, cousins and all (barring my uncle, he had to work). It was great.




Then... it started... the drive... On our way back through the pass the snow had just gotten worse. Soo much worse. Luckily, Chad and I had chains.. but Dad and AJ were driving a hybrid toyota or something.... aka a NON-snow mobile. It ended up being a long drive home and didn't give us much to look forward to as far as the weather at home.... But we made it! AJ and Dad were at our home, meeting our new little addition, Milli. I was a happy camper! Regardless of the worsening weather outside.

Useful information:
If you need to know the pass conditions in Washington, just check out:
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/passes/

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment