Monday, December 20, 2010

Six Yatchs A-Floating

Its almost Christmas! Just 6 short days away! And to help count down - I will be titling my entries appropriately!

Last week - Chad and I stumbled across something wonderful! As I was getting into my car, on the way home from a volunteer meeting, I saw in the trunk of the car in front of me, a sign. A literal sign. It was an advertisement for Silverdale's Artwalk. Silverdale has galleries?? Huh. I had to look it up, and yup - Silverdale has art. Not exactly in galleries per se, but art. Enough to warrant a quarterly Artwalk - and this one was special - along with the artsy stores being open late, there was also going to be a boat parade!


Well the evening came and It. Was. Pouring. POURING! Non-stop. We decided to go anyway - heck we're not witches. And it ended up being so fun! At first we thought it had been canceled - there were no lights on, no people... but then we saw an open sign, went in and the nice lady showed us a map.

I have a new favorite, quirky store: McGregor's & Company. The people who own it are so nice, and talkative. The items in the store are homemade or local or just country cute.

After the walk, we went over to the waterfront park gazebo, to watch the boat parade. To our surprise other people were there! Including, my friend Mary! And a whole bunch of food and apple cider! It was great - still POURING but so great.

At about 8:30 the boats started going by, They were all decked out in pretty lights, floating happily along the park. There were about 10 of them, and the parade lasted about 20 minutes.



And that was it. It was so cold and wet that AS SOON as the last boat went by people scattered! Literally running to their cars! Chad and I included. Not a bad way to start off the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment