Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Sunny, Calm, Kitsap Weekend

This has been a most wonderful weekend. It was finally sunny, after 8 solid days of rain - and that made me and Chad want to get out and DO STUFF! So we did! (This is just gonna be a blah blah blah of what we did all weekend :)

Friday:
First - Congrats to my friend Ashley - She graduated her PTA Certificate Program through Olympic Community College! Chad and I were invited to her graduation ceremony and it was so cool. I'd never seen her so happy.


After the graduation, Chad and I were invited out to McCloud's - a local country bar. He'd never been there before - I'd found it while he was working in Hawaii. We had some dinner the played some pool with a good friend of mine and her husband. By the way.... I totally suck at pool. (McCloud's will be reviewed in a later entry)

They kicked our butts.....

Saturday:
WE FINALLY PAINTED OUR BATHROOM!! Holy goodness - It needed it sooooo bad! All the bathrooms in the house started out yellow... and not the same yellow... looks like they started out with a gallon of dark yellow paint, then kept diluting it with white... soooo horrible. Now though, it is a nice shade of light tan - looks amazing!!


We finished around 3pm, which was just in time to attend the monthly West Sound Brewers (WSB) meeting. I found the WSB through a friend of mine, who's also involved in Clear Creek, we found we had a common bond of loving delicious beer - and it just so happened that she was a home-brewer and a member of WSB. This is the second event we've attended with them. Such a great group of people - I can't WAIT till my dad gets us his home brew kit and we can start making our own - and this group will help, I've never met a more knowelable, friendly group of people.

Then after that we went to my friend's Comedy Show, right here on the Kitsap Peninsula!! I'd never even seen one here before, but the Manette Saloon in Bremerton hosted it. Keep your eye on my friend, Shawn Mairs, he was the host of the show and he was, unexpectedly, hilarious!


Sunday:
I went to church with Chad this morning, to Faith Fellowship. It was an interesting experience - a very uplifting, emotional, and accepting group of people. I witnessed the church's very first indoor baptism.

After that we went to the Kitsap Home and Garden Expo... which would have been awesome... if we had a home... or a garden.... It was small, and a bit repetitive (I never realized there was one, let alone FIVE, rain gutter cover companies...). Everyone was really nice though and we got a few free cookies and some info on our local dairy delivery service (yes...apparently our peninsula has a milk man).

We later got some lunch in Poulsbo at Voodiez. Overall... not my favorite new restaurant... but did get to try geoduck for the first time! It was fried like fish'n'chips - and pretty darn tasty.

Since then have been sitting around the house - finally a bit of calm. I did attempt to make an experimental cupcake - a s'mores cupcake. The idea was to make a graham cracker cupcake with marshmallow baked into it covered in chocolate frosting... can we say epic fail? The taste was RIGHT ON - tasted AMAZINGLY like a graham cracker - but texture and shape... horrible... just horrible....

Epic fail....

And that was our great weekend! Keeping busy keeps us off the streets and out of pool halls... well... usually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment