Thursday, January 12, 2012

Babies, Wine and Smiles

Happy New Year!!

Where the hell did last year go?! Who the heck knows! Seriously, we were hanging out in Kelseyville one second, and the next.... wait? I didn't tell you about Kelseyville, Napa and the two new babies?! Well, are you behind!


I should start by telling you that Chad and I had a grand christmas. We opened presents, we talked to family on the phone, we had dinner with friends, I got my slippers!!! (finally...). It was great. Then I got the stomach flu, we took down the tree and lights, and found ourselves in the car... at 2am... driving south.

In the mountains just north of Yreka
 
Luckily! This was the plan! (well, everything but the stomach flu...) We were on the way to meet our babies! Rather, THE babies, the new babies in our lives. First stop Kelseyville, CA, where Bri, Zeff and Baby Drayton live! Then down to Napa - where Crystal, DJ and Baby Davyn were visiting!

We stayed in Kelseyville for four days total - mostly hanging out, talking, and drinking beer - the best kind of vacation. Little Man Dray was freaking fantastic! He was a big dude for seven months old - standing on his own, but not yet crawling (I think he's gonna skip that step, personally). The best part was he liked me too! We hung out, me holding him up on my lap, him bouncing and giggling. Chad hung out with him a bunch too - especially on the day that Bri and I escaped the house and went wine tasting! Oh my goodness... Clear Lake wine is amazing... Anyways, as all good things have to, our visit had to end... Bri and Zeff were the BEST hosts! And Chad and I had a great time! So, New Years Eve, we found ourselves in the car again, driving south to Napa.

Me and Dray playing the morning we left.

 At Vigilance Winery
 
Just so happened, we had one quick stop on our way there - Bri had given me a 2-for-1 ticket for a winery in Calistoga - Envy. It WAS Chad's turn to try some wine...

I had never been to Napa before - and what a great excuse we had: meeting our new nephew Davyn! Originally, our plan was to drive down to San Diego to meet him - but it worked out that Crystal and DJ were up in Napa visiting his mom. New Years Eve, C&DJ brought over Davyn - he was sleeping, but Chad got to hold him. He was soooo little! Only 12 weeks. A spitting image of his dad. After the introduction we all went to dinner at Downtown Joes - a brewery in downtown Napa! It was a great night - that ended with Chad and Me asleep by 10:30! Lame.. I know.... but we made up for it the next day - with the help of four wineries and dinner with the family. Again though, we had to say our goodbyes... 

Chad and Davyn the night we had to leave

Chad and Crystal (his sister) on New Years Eve
 
A great trip. Part road trip, part family reunion. It can all be summed up in three words: babies, wine and smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment