Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Idaho!! No U-da-ho! Part 3 (Last Part)

Finally, the last day with my momma had arrived. We'd been running our little butts off having the best time ever! It was finally time for mom and me to chill - and to do this we had to get rid of the boys.

We sent them golfing. Enough said.

This is the only picture Chad took. They each hit their ball and they landed right next to each other.
While they were gone, mom and me just putts around the house. I made her do a workout video. She showed me how to crochet - correctly. It was really nice.

When the guys got home, we made homemade flour tortillas - and by we - I mean mom pointed at stuff and talked while Chad and I did all the work!




It was such grueling work that drinks were in order - so we made margaritas - for everyone! Even Grammie, who showed up a little later for dinner.

 Cheers!

We ate tacos, laughed, talked, watched a movie then passed out. It was just like being home again. Just like it should be. I couldn't think of a better way to end our visit.


We left mom's the next morning, and headed out to our last stop - my Uncle Scott's house.

I hadn't seen my uncle in over two years and Chad had never met him - so this was a visit long overdue. When we got to his house, we hugged, smiled and he made us a wonderful breakfast. Later that afternoon, we piled in his truck (with Milli) and he took us on a tour of his work (a big dairy in the outskirts of Mountain Home) and showed us his favorite fishing holes. It was a beautiful day - and the company only made it better.

 He knew everything about every inch of the dairy.


 This made me happy :)

Unfortunately, this leg of our trip was short, we had to head home that afternoon, so Uncle Scott brought us back to his house and loaded us up with some goodies - the best of which were a couple packs of frozen Croppie - a tiny fish. This was his favorite fish and he had caught and filleted these in the previous years and was nice enough to share with us. (When we got home we made both fish taco's and chippino with one of the packs! DELICIOUS!)

And that was it. It was over... time to return to the boring reality of home... Oh well, at least we always have a reason to go back! Thank you to everyone who helped make this trip to Idaho the best ever!

And if you've never been to Idaho - I really do recommend it. Especially in the spring and fall - I joked often about it maybe not being the best place throughout this blog, but honestly its pretty darn great. Definitely worth the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment