Thursday, March 1, 2012

Best Birthday Ever!

I was born at 11:34pm on Valentine's Day in 1984. My dad threatened to push me back in if I was a boy. My mom ate dry peanut butter captain crunch throughout her pregnancy and named me Tara after she read it in a book.

And that was the best birthday ever. Until this year.

A birthday that rivals my actual birth - yeah, it was that good.


Don't get me wrong, Chad always does a really good job with my birthday. This year he just had a little help, my friend Ashley. This was their master plan - executed awesomely!

February 10, 2012- Blue C Sushi and 88 Keys

Chad, Ashley, Jerry and I got all dressed up and went out in Seattle! It was gonna be a surprise, but luckily Ashley couldn't keep it quite! I had enough time to buy a new outfit and get totally ready for my first night out in Seattle! First stop Blue C Sushi!



It was so cool! The sushi went around the restaurant on a conveyer belt! We never had to leave the booth or talk to an annoying waiter. The funniest part was when we first got there. Both Chad and Ashley had to go to the bathroom - so just Jerry and I found the table and sat down. I looked to my right, and there it was, the never ending line of sushi slowly passing me by... so I grabbed one... then another... by the time Ash and Chad got back 6 sushi plates ended up on the table!!


We went a little crazy! But it was soooo delicious!!
After dinner we walked (through the CREEPEST part of town) to 88 Keys - a dueling piano bar! Long Island Iced Teas all around! Music, singing, us all singing to the music... except for Chad... apparently he wasn't exposed to music till a VERY late age (he literally didn't know a single song)... it was awesome! After we were there for an hour or so one of the piano guys called me up on stage! They sang me a song, and had me pose for a picture. He told me to call up my husband and kiss him on the cheek for a picture. So I stood there, my lips to his cheek, Chad getting the camera to his eye and BAM! The piano dude turns his head, lips to mine and HE looks surprised!!! HAHA it was SOOO FUNNY!


His bugged out eyes - planned! It was all him!

February 11, 2012- Dancing Brush

Birthday celebration day two! Ashley came and picked me up Saturday morning and we went to Poulsbo for a morning of coffee, pastries and paint your own pottery! We started out at Sluy's and I got the sweetest, gooiest cinnamon roll! Then over to the coffee shop where I introduced Ashley to the German Chocolate - a dark chocolate mocha with almond and coconut flavor! Then to the dancing brush! You get to walk around and pick out your blank slate and they come over and teach you how to make it beautiful!

My new salad bowl!!

February 14, 2012- Day off from work, Happy Birthday to ME!

I got to celebrate my birthday the way I wanted to this year, except for the waking up at 6am with Chad.... but he said if I woke up with him, I would get a present, so there I was, by his side, at 6am - with a beautiful new bracelet!! It has diamonds and amethysts!


Since I was up, I decided to make my cake - German Chocolate! When that was done baking, off to the gym for a group class. After that, quick shower, free Starbucks coffee and off to the mall to get my toes done with Ashley (who happened to be sick that day, and couldn't go to work)! After toes a quick walk around the mall - new earrings - and off to Silver City Brewery for a beer and appitizer! After that a quick trip to the chiropractor, then home. It was then that Chad surprised me with a box of chocolates and a Valentine's Day card! Then Ashley and Kaleb came over, we ate pizza, watched a movie, sang me a song! Then MORE PRESENTS! One from my grandparents, and some make-up from Ash and Chad got me tickets to a show in Seattle!! Perfect night.

New earrings! Birthday look!

Kaleb helped me blow out my candles again this year!
Februrary 15, 2012- Work

My bosses got me flowers for my birthday!!!



February 18, 2012- Cavalia

The show in Seattle that Chad got me tickets to was Cavalia! It was awesome! It is a Cirque du Soleil-esque performance with horses! All male horses - which are apparently harder to train. The show was sooo beautiful. There was this part where a guy was balanceing on a man sized ball and a white stallion was walking around him, nudging him, almost making him fall off. They just went around and around, playing and cuddling. Another part, Chad's favorite, involved horses running across the stage, each with a stunt rider on its back... or side... or hanging off by a their feet... or bouncing up and over them... it was a western themed thing, with the finale being a miniature horse chasing a man across the stage!


My love!

Well, what did I tell you? Best birthday ever huh?! Thank you Chad and Ashley SOOO much!! Year 28 is going to be the best one yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment