Wednesday, March 7, 2012

You Can Keep Your Ghost Peppers

I cant believe it is already Wednesday! This week has been flying by - but I think I know why.

I had to call out of work on Monday - due to severe stomach ache (and all other assumable symptoms...).

Now why, you may ask, did I have a severe stomach ache? Oh, yes, you can cheat, re-read the title. Uuugghhh yes. I ate the Ghost Pepper. Not a whole one or anything, I'm not stupid, but about a dozen shrimps coated in the stuff. Uuuggghhhhh. And this is where I admit I am not a "chili head (or is it chile..?)." Uuuuggghhhh....

 They looked so harmless!

Here is the funny thing about the whole experience - so I knew what they were. I knew they were coated in the pepper that topped the Scoville scale for some amount of time at 1,000,000 units. See, I saw someone eat one, and he looked pretty much fine. I mean it was obviously a hot bite he just had, but he looked pretty ok. So I ate one, and it was delicious! Hot, but i could taste the fruit also in the coating. So, I ate about 10 more....... then. it. hit. me. 

I think I burned a hole through my stomach. Or maybe just irritated my stomach lining. Or heck, I may not actually have a stomach anymore.... In any case. You can keep your ghost peppers. I don't want them anymore.

On the plus side of this debacle, I went back to work on Tuesday, then was given Wednesday off - so I've used this day to its fullest! Ok... maybe "fullest" is a bit of an exageration... but I have been busy.

Went to breakfast with Ashley.... looked into getting some financial aid (more to come on that tomorrow)... oh yeah I washed the dog.

She does 'pathetic' well...

AND swept and mopped the entire second story of our house... I hate laminant flooring...

Joule followed the mop everywhere... never had the guts to attack it though.
 
But, if you're cheap (like me) or desperate for a floor cleaner, cause you don't have any (..like me), here is a make-it-yourself recipe for floor cleaner. It works REALLY well.

Laminate/Tile Floor Cleaner

1/2 cup white vinegar
3-4 sprays of your favorite multi-surface cleaner
1 sink full (or bucket) of warm water

Mix it all up. Dip your mop in it and go to town on those dirty floors!

No comments:

Post a Comment