Friday, April 26, 2013

3 Years Down - A Million to Go!

April 10th 2013 - Chad and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary!

The best day of my life

We had the most wonderful day! Nothing had been planned - mostly because we weren't sure if Chad was gonna get the day off work. And, I am not big on anniversaries actually... I always ask my husband if we can just stay in or not buy each other presents. Its not that I'm not excited to be married another year, its more that we go out to nice dinners often and generally have a wonderful time when we're together...

This year was no different - I had asked Chad to stay mellow - and that's exactly what we did.

We started off going to Ikea and buying furniture for our new place together. This was important to us, because Chad wasn't going to be able to help move into our new place and I wanted him to have some input on what the place looked like. We spent a long time picking out a new bed, nightstand, and dinning room table.

Our super cool new table! Its a gate leaf that folds down to just 18 inches

Walking around the city that is Ikea would make any person tired - so it was time for a beer! We stopped by Oggi's Pizza and Brewery. Its a chain down here, but a pretty darn good one. We had ourselves a few flights, with which we toasted to our wonderful lives thus far.


During pizza and beer we remembered that we had some passes to Sea World! So, we went. Spent a few hours, walking around, seeing some cool animals, enjoying the beautiful day.


There was a baby orca! Born on my birthday!


After watching the Shamu show, it was like 7pm and we were hungry again. Which was good cause apparently Chad HAD planned something for our anniversary. He wanted to take me to Hunter Steakhouse. It was the most delicious dinner, in a fancy, yet rustic space. 

Over beer and steak, we did one of my favorite things to do on an anniversary. I love to recount all the amazing things we've done so far in our marriage. Chad and I have done a lot. We've seen amazing things, been to amazing places.


We're some of the lucky ones. That couple that makes other couples just a little jealous. I love my husband with all that I am - and I can't wait to be married forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment