Monday, April 22, 2013

Patio Garden - Deck 2!

I love plants. I love gardens. But unfortunately, I've been stuck in townhouses, with no yards... So, I've been forced to learn to love container gardens. Chad and I had a pretty successful patio/container garden in Washington - and that was with a super short growing season. When we moved back to SD, I started dreaming of multiple season growing seasons and super red tomatoes.... happy sigh. So - today was the day I set up our NEW patio garden! It was such a beautiful day, I couldn't stand being inside unpacking and arranging junk all day.

The best part - right near my house is the coolest plant store! We didn't get much (Milli and me, that is, not the Royal We) because I walked there, and I wasn't sure how much I could carry. But, I took my time, deciding on the few things we did get! Ended up with, 1 big pot, 1 plum tomato, 1 bbq rosemary, 1 strawberry and a lavender plant for Chad. Luckily, a friend of mine had given me a bunch of little pots (for the herbs) a few days ago, so I didn't have to get more heavy pots!

So, I went up to the cashier to pay and AWK! SOIL! I needed soil! Ok, Simple. I'll buy these things, carry them home, then come back and buy soil. No problem. But NO! Instead, how about I just borrow one of the plant stores' carts! That's right, the lady behind the counter totally laughed at the fact that I was walking, and very simply said "Why don't you just use one of our carts, then bring it back later?"

 
AWESOME! More time for playing in the dirt!!


Wheels are awesome. Cool plant stores are even more awesome. Have I mentioned how much I love our new place?

No comments:

Post a Comment