Monday, April 25, 2011

Oh the Joy a few Eggs can Bring!

This easter, also know and "Dragon Egg Day" was one of the best - ever.

Started like any other - I made breakfast (today it was fresh, real cinnamon rolls) and Chad went off to church. But that was the end of normal and the start of wonderful! Just before the rolls were ready to be baked, I took them over to a friends house and watched my very first ever "Dragon Egg" hunt. It was a wonderful experience.


It may sound like an odd thing to some - but - atheists too like to celebrate life and love, and most of all watch their children smile. Come to find out - hiding eggs is a great way to celebrate all of these! But how do you explain to a three year old how the eggs got out there?! Perpetuate the pointless story of a mythical creature like the Easter Bunny? No, no. The answer is apparently much simpler than that - you play with the child's already existent imaginary creatures - in this case dragons. Seriously - watching little K run around his yard, looking for treat filled eggs that the dragons left for him - was by far one of the best things I've been lucky enough to witness. And I thank my friends for letting me join them!

You can see his feet practically dancing in anticipation of reaching that orange egg on stump in front of him.
 
But whats even better than Dragon Eggs you might ask - CHAD EGGS!!!

YUP! When I returned from my morning, Chad had apparently been home for a bit longer than I was let on he was. Long enough to fill and hide 16 eggs around our house!! ALL FOR ME!! It was the greatest thing EVER!!  He is so wonderful! It took me about 20 minutes to find all of them - 3 were outside, one was in the fridge, one in the coffee maker, one in the picture frame upstairs - you get the picture, it was an involved hunt! After I found them all, I opened my plastic treasures and found them full of my favorite candies, packets of Kool-Aid, honey-do coupons and money.



I got him a bowl full of themed candy... yeah... I got the better end of this holiday!


After that it went back to a normal day. Card games, cooking and movies. We did make the Roberts' family traditional Easter Lasagna and I tried a new twist on my favorite pie, Layered Cheese Cake Coconut Cream.This is the way everyday should be - wonderful, mellow and full of love and smiles!

Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment