Friday, April 15, 2011

Welcome to the Neighborhood: Sound Brewery!

Its finally open! Sound Brewery has finally opened its doors to their brand new Tasting Room! And Chad and I were lucky enough to be there for their first night!


Sound Brewery is our peninsula's newest craft brewery! Chad and I have had the pleasure of knowing about its existence since November - see Mark, one of its creators, is a member of West Sound Brewers - the local brew club Chad and I are casually members of. And at our first WSB meeting, Mark was giggling like a school girl about the progression of his pet project. The brewery has been a long time coming, and this is what they founders say about it, and themselves:

"Sound Brewery is the dream project realized for five like-minded individuals with a common goal: To make and distribute the types of beers that we've been buying, searching for, imagining, brewing and enjoying for decades. We're brewers and enthusiasts, creatives, engineers and business people, working together to build a brewery that lets us express ourselves by making the beers that we think other enthusiasts will appreciate."

The evening started out with a ceremonial ribbon cutting - Chad got their early enough to snap the pictures below, I was at work.... Afterward they opened their doors and the beer started flowing!



When I finally got there, I was greeted by a beautiful sight: my husband holding two beers, of which I got to choose one. I chose the beautiful amber/red over the lighter colored one. Come to find out I chose the O'Regan's Revenge, the brain child of Mark, who had been prefecting it over the last 4 St. Patrick's Days. His goal with it was to make a "not typical northwestern red. Not overly hopped." What he came up with was a dry, yet still malty beer. In my opinion - a perfect pint.


Chad was drinking the Koperen Ketel, then a Tripel Entendre. Both were light in color, but had substantial mouthfeel, neither too hoppy. Both very good.


I think they live up to their motto well "Tradition Liberated." They've taken some very traditional ideas, and put their own subtle spin on them.

Check them out at their webpage: http://www.soundbrewery.com/
Or their tasting room at: 650 NW Bovela Ln, Suite #3, Poulsbo, WA  98370

Ahhhh, at last - a delicious beer just a few minutes from our house! We look forward to seeing what these guys come up with!

1 comment:

  1. This is very cool! Scott and I will have to check this brewery out. Scott and I just recently got started with home brewing, so it would be fun to go check this place out. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete