Monday, April 11, 2011

One year down, a lifetime to go!

That's right! Chad and I celebrated our One Year Anniversary yesterday - good ole April 10th.


I can't believe how quickly this past year has passed... Worries me that next time I wake up, I will be old and gray. But until then, I'll just enjoy it I guess - and luckily I have the worlds best husband to spend it with. This anniversary reminded me of this over and over again. First off, Chad was the one who reminded me about not only it was coming up, but about getting gifts and he planned an elaborate meal and was just wonderful throughout the whole day.

Chad spent the earliest part of the morning at work... poor guy had to wake up at 3 am to be there... but he was able to come home and sleep for a couple more hours, least until I woke him up to start breakfast! He came downstairs just a few mintues after I got the potatoes in the oven, and he had a card in hand - PRESENT TIME! In typical Chad fashion, after I opened the card, he produced this fist sized box OUT OF NO WHERE (ask me about my engagement ring some day)! In it was a beautiful pair of earrings! He opened a fancy new wristwatch from me.

 They look like a double helix surrounding a sphere of Snowflake Obsidian!! Does he know me or what?!

 Its a Fossil with a tiny diamond at the 12 o'clock

We were going to celebrate by going to a local nature preserve, but the weather was absolutely horrible, and the flowers would have been hiding, so instead we spent the day window shopping and cooking a fabulous feast. Oh darn :)

Chad had our entire dinner planned out - apparently he'd been researching it for quite some - and let me tell you - it was PERFECT! He made us a grass-fed, NY Strip steak, lobster tails and asparagus - and asked me to help him roast a head of garlic and make rosemary/garlic mashed potatoes. Holy goodness - it was an amazing meal.


I think we've set an unreasonably high standard for our next anniversary - but hey - I don't mind.

 One year and we're still gorgeous!

I love you Chad!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! My birthday is the day before your wedding day! :-)

    ReplyDelete